The Blood Component Facility. Preparation of blood components is a sophisticated process requiring special equipment. Ours is one of the few hospitals in Delhi where blood components are available. The blood and blood products are available only against replacement donation. However, each unit is charged for the blood product is issued.
The following blood products are available in our blood bank
|1. Whole Blood||350ml||Rs. 900/-|
|2. Packed Red||300ml||Rs. 900/-|
|3. Fresh Frozen Plasma||200-250ml||Rs. 750/-|
|4. Platelet Concentrate||40-50ml||Rs. 600/-|
- All components are prepared from voluntrily donated blood, hence availablity depends on stock.
- Availability is only against replacement donation. Patient's relatives/friends have to donate to replace the stocks.
- Charge for each component is for mandatory screening tests (HBsAg, HIV, HCV, VDRL/RPR, Malaria and Antibody screening ) and blood bank service charges.
- Donors will be accepted between 8:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. They will be accepted for donation only if they are found medically fit to donate.
Heamatology Services Available:
- Complete blood count and blood picture review by haematologist.
- Reticulocyte Count
- Bone Marrow Examination
- Coagulation Studies - Production Time, Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time, Thrombin Time, FDP, Bleeding Time.
- Complete coagulation workup for bleeding disorders including assay of factors (F, VIII, IX, X, XI, VII, V etc.)
- Control of oral coagulation PT/INR
- Investigations of haemolytic anaemia